12 Simple Ideas to Design a Life of Joy
When things get tough or you’re going through difficult times, often your belief system thinks it takes a lot of work and great deal of money to find joy. This just seems to be the default mode of our brains when you’re caught in the worry mode.
This isn’t true at all – you can shift your mindset and discover there are plenty of ways to create joy in your life right now!
Try these simple ways to help you enjoy more happiness in your everyday life:
- Turn off the news, TV, and computer. While these things can be helpful to keep you informed and entertained, it’s important to remember life without them. You’ll be amazed at how many projects you can complete without these distractions!
- For example, instead of mindlessly watching another rerun of Seinfeld, complete a photo album or redecorate a room.
- This is a great opportunity to devote more ME Time (Mindset Expansion) in your day. I actually do avoid the new and turn off the TV.
- Take a class. Almost everyone has a hobby they’ve been meaning to try for a long time. It’s time to actually do it. Take the plunge and take a class!
- Most communities have a mail-out or website that lists their class schedule. You’ll find that they’re affordable too!
- Most community colleges offer the option to audit a class at no cost. If you’re not interested in a degree, check it out.
- What about all those "free" programs you opted to receive that just sit on your computer… like the program in the "Treasure Chest of Success Kit." Create your own learning center and start going through the materials.
- Get in touch with a friend. The Internet has made it easier than ever to reconnect with people from your past. Whether you last spoke to your friend last month or decades ago, it can be a joyful activity. Reflect on your friendship and discuss the good times you’ve had.
- Start a garden. There are many plants and herbs that you can grow both indoors and outdoors. Experiment with different plants or grow some vegetables that you’ll enjoy later on, too. There’s nothing like the taste of homegrown vegetables!
- Dabble in arts and crafts. There are so many fun activities that involve arts and crafts. Just take a trip down the aisle of your local craft store to get some ideas. For low cost alternatives, go to your nearest dollar store. You’ll be amazed at your new treasures!
- Go for a walk or a nature hike. Take your family or go alone. Walking and hiking can be a great break in your day. You’ll be able to reflect, relax, and enjoy the fresh air.
- Organize a sports night. Get some of your friends together for a game every once in awhile. It’s always beneficial to get a little exercise and it will be fun to socialize, too. You can even through in a pot luck dinner after the games.
- Start stargazing. On a peaceful, clear night, get in touch with nature in a different way. Enjoy the stars! Pick up an astronomy guide and learn to identify the planets and constellations.
Hubs & I love the Stargazer. You can watch these 3 – 5 minute videos online, on youtube, your ipod or tablet to learn what exciting events the stars are planning for the week.
- Try journaling. One great way to reflect on your day and get to know yourself is by journaling. For additional fun, pretend you’re writing to a long lost friend or write a letter to yourself in the future.
- Learn to cook something new. It’s always a good idea to add exciting new meals to your repertoire. Find a recipe website or a cookbook and try something you’ve never tried before.
- Have a game night. Gather your family together for some fun and games. Invite friends over to add to the fun. If you’re feeling especially creative, try designing your very own board game and play that one.
- Be a tourist.You can become a tourist without ever leaving your hometown. It’s likely that you haven’t been everywhere in your town. Pretend you’re on vacation and try all the tourist attractions. You’ll learn something new and may even discover places you’ll enjoy visiting often!
When my daughter was little, we discovered the zoo, art museum, natural history museum and many other attractions here in Cleveland, OH offered free days. Check out your local area for discounts and free options to attractions.
You’ll soon find that opportunities for joy in your life are around every corner. With a little creative thinking, you can have a great time every day, and you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do it, either.
What other ideas popped in your mind while reading this article? Just go to comment section below and share them.
This is a reward article – Log in to your Inner Connection Club account and comment & share to earn credits.
[dapsocialcredits dapsocialcreditsmsg=”Click%20on%20any%20one%20of%20the%20social%20media%20share%20buttons%20to%20unlock%20content%21″ fblikeenabled=”Y” fblikelockbtn=”%3Cdiv%20id%3D%22fb-root%22%3E%3C/div%3E%0A%3Cscript%3E%28function%28d%2C%20s%2C%20id%29%20%7B%0A%20%20var%20js%2C%20fjs%20%3D%20d.getElementsByTagName%28s%29%5B0%5D%3B%0A%20%20if%20%28d.getElementById%28id%29%29%20%7Breturn%3B%7D%0A%20%20js%20%3D%20d.createElement%28s%29%3B%20js.id%20%3D%20id%3B%0A%20%20js.src%20%3D%20%22//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js%23xfbml%3D1%22%3B%0A%20%20fjs.parentNode.insertBefore%28js%2C%20fjs%29%3B%0A%7D%28document%2C%20%22script%22%2C%20%22facebook-jssdk%22%29%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E%0A%3Cdiv%20class%3D%22fb-like%22%20data-send%3D%22true%22%20data-layout%3D%22button_count%22%20data-width%3D%22100%22%20data-show-faces%3D%22false%22%3E%3C/div%3E%0A” cookieexpdays=”1″ tweetit=”Y” tweeturl=”” tweettext=”” tweetcount=”none” gplus1enabled=”Y” gplus1url=”” linkedinenabled=”Y” linkedinurl=”” buttonorder=”f,t,g,l” btnmargin=”10″ maxlikesallowedperbutton=”1″ sharetext=”Share” dapfbcredits=”1″ daptwittercredits=”1″ dapgpluscredits=”1″ daplinkedincredits=”1″ msgifuserdoeslikeafterreachedmaxlimit=”Sorry%2C%20you%20have%20already%20reached%20the%20max%20allowed%20credits%20for%20likes%20on%20this%20page” socialmediabuttonbackground=”F3F3F3″ sharebackground=”016582″ ] [/dapsocialcredits]