I attended a business seminar over 14 years ago featuring very wealthy and successful business woman for the keynote speaker. She owned several businesses including one teaching others how they to can succeed in their businesses. A wife, mother and now a grandmother, she built her business while raising her family.
I took lots of notes from her speech and kept them in my paper planner. I could very conveniently read and refer back to them. Several years ago I switched to a smart phone and online calendar and those notes disappeared. I forgot all about them
I rediscovered them while cleaning out old computer files.
Here are the notes below:
Your Personal Mission
VERY IMPORTANT – you need to write a mission statement with your life long goals. This becomes your road map for what you want from your business. I started doing this before attending this seminar. (I’ll write about the results in another article)
She said until you know who you are and why you need to build your business, you won’t have a big business. She said a big business does not mean a huge corporation with 1000’s of employees. It needs to be big enough to generate the income to support your desired lifestyle.
- What is your aptitude? (Your talents… what you are good at)
- What is your passion? (What you care about)
- What is your happiness? (What you enjoy)
- What do you value? Why you do what you do…your purpose…what you commit your life to.
- What are you willing to work for?
Success Foundation Formula
Dedicate your life to God! Turn yourself and your business over to prayers. Run and grow your business on a strong foundation of God.
- Put God in your business first
- Visualize your business goal. Have to believe it can happen to you.
- Make a decision:
- "It’s always later than you think. Every year you don’t commit 100% to your business is one less year you have to enjoy it. Whatever your heart desires…to spend time with your children…visit places you want…to live as the person God intended for you to be!"
Foundation Builders for Inspired Success
- Every morning Praise God and thank him for all his given you. Write down one thing you are grateful for.
- Reorganize, Restructure, and Refocus your life to get your focus back.
- See yourself bigger than your circumstances
- Give up who you are now for the person you’re going to be.
- Where ever you find yourself, it’s because you made an appointment to be there.
- What’s holding you back from your dream? Get up…Go to the bathroom and look in the mirror.
- Single most important element ….DISCIPLINE
- Key to dynamic behavior is believing.
Somewhere along the line you need to decide what you really want. Make a decision…then when an obstacle comes… If the decision was truly made from your hearts desire…the obstacle wouldn’t get in the way.
I’ve applied these steps in my life and it made a big difference. This doesn’t mean your life or business won’t be without challenges and obstacle. I discovered that keeping God in front of me, things always works out or he opens another door.