Overcoming Obstacles – How to Discover Happiness during Challenging Times
You can choose happiness regardless of your circumstances. You can choose to be happy no matter what challenges life brings.
Happiness already resides within you… in fact you are born to be naturally happy! Just think of a baby and how they seem to smile and giggle over the littlest things. Yet something seems to happen when we get older. You forget that happiness is found within, letting outside forces dictate how happy you are?
You can choose your own happiness. Let these simple strategies guide you back to your natural happy state.
- Make lemonade when life give you lemons. I know I know it a Cliché. You truly can choose wither to let the trouble and problems in life’s get you down. Troubles will always be a part of life. It’s how you choose to reaction to your situations that makes the difference. If you look hard enough, you’ll see the positive side of things and circumstances.
- Do what you love doing. Do you have a lifelong dream or desire? If so, start working toward it. Taking baby steps towards a dream or goal will help you feel like you’re accomplishing something. You’ll find drive and determination to reach that goal when it’s something you love to do.
- Use one of your neglected gifts or talents. One reason so many people are unhappy is that they’re not doing what they’re called to do with their God-given talents. Each and every one of us has a purpose in life. You have natural gifts and talents to help you achieve your purpose, so use your gifts effectively.
Its okay to acknowledge your feeling down… just don’t stay there.
- Call a friend who you know is positive and cheerful. Talk about your feelings and listen to their advice. So often, people allow themselves to go deeper and deeper into self-pity or depression because they think it has to be that way. The truth is, you don’t have to be sad and you shouldn’t be. You can decide to be happy. You just have to make up your minds to do so.
- Gratitude is the quickest cure for sadness. When you focus on what’s wrong with your life you forget to look at what’s right and good. Take a step back and reflect on your life. How far have you come from, say, six months ago?
- Do you have children or family to be thankful for? Yes, they may not be everything we’d like them to be, but imagine life without them. Now, be thankful that you have them in your life.
- Do you have a job? Maybe it’s not your dream job, but in today’s economy, those of us who have a job should be thankful for it.
- Let your feelings out on paper by journaling your thoughts. Often you’ll find that just getting your feelings down on paper will allow you to work through them, helping you to feel better about yourself and your beautiful life!
If you’ve been prone to look at life negatively, then you’ll have to put more effort into seeing and choosing happiness. But don’t let that stop you from being happy! You, too, can learn to be happy.
Train your mind to focus intensely on the positives. Learn to recognize when you feel a negative thought entering your mind. The quickest way to stop it in its tracks is acknowledge it. Then shift your mind happier thoughts.
Starting from this moment onward, make the conscious choice to be happy!
What actions you will take right now to choose happiness in your life?