A Recipe for Self Love
- Take full responsibility for your life.
Stop blaming others.
See yourself as the cause of what happens to you.
- Do things you like to do.
Don’t stay in a job you don’t like.
Participate in life at the highest level you can.
- Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts.
- Watch what you say. Avoid self put-downs.
Stop being critical of yourself and others.
- Be gentle and kind and patient with yourself.
Give yourself the simple pleasures of life abundantly.
Wear clothes you feel good in, get a massage etc.
- Take care of your body.
Give it exercise and good food.
- Be willing to create a life-style that generates and nourishes self-esteem.
Associate with others with high esteem.
- Acknowledge yourself frequently.
Keep a diary of your successes and accomplishments.
- Avoid comparing yourself with others.
Remember that it’s who we are, not what we do, that’s important
- Give yourself permission to do nothing periodically.
Schedule time by yourself.
- Frequently take deep breaths.
Discover the benefit and pleasure of breathing fully.
- Eat first class frequently.
Don’t look at the right side of the menu.
- Stop trying to change others.
Focus your attention on being the way you want others to be.
- Look into a mirror regularly
and say "I love you, I really love you".
- Stop feeling guilty and saying "I’m sorry".
See mistakes as valuable lessons and avoid judging yourself.
- Consciously generate positive thoughts and feelings of self-love
in place of old thoughts of inadequacy.
- Be willing to laugh at yourself and at life.
Stop taking yourself so seriously.
- Accept compliments from others without embarrassment.
Don’t invalidate their positive thoughts and feelings about you.
- Be kind to your mind.
Don’t hate yourself for having negative thoughts.
Gently change your thoughts.
- Keep your awareness and your thoughts focused in present time
instead of living in the past or future.
- Acknowledge others frequently.
Tell them what you like and appreciate in them.
- Invest money in yourself.
Go to seminars, workshops and courses that develop your talents.
- Make a list of 10 things
you love doing and do them frequently.
- Treat yourself as you would treat someone you really loved.