1. Declare your uniqueness. There will never be another you; another who is exactly like you; another who will make a contribution to the planet in exactly the way that you do.
2. Look for the things you like about yourself. Write them down and then focus on one thing a day, e.g. ‘I am competent’ or ‘I am creative’ or ‘I am now creating my ideal life.’
3. Forgive yourself. The past is over; know that you did the best you could with your level of knowledge and understanding at that time.
4. Use affirmations to remind yourself of your sacredness. Put them on the fridge, mirrors, wherever, to remind yourself that you are unique. For example, ‘I like and appreciate myself,’ ‘I am a loveable, valuable person and deserve the best life has to offer.’
5. Read books that inspire you. Books such as daily meditations, thoughts for the day, sayings and quotations from inspirational leaders set the tone for creating an attitude of joy and/or peace before you start your day.
6. Practice an ‘attitude of gratitude.’ We create much to be thankful for, our health, our abundance, and our freedoms. Carry a small notebook with you and write down everything that you are grateful for all day long. You will be amazed at all the blessings in your life – your friends, your family, your job, your warm home, the fact that you don’t have to worry about stepping on landmines or getting your head blown off as you step out a door.
7. Be true to yourself. Live the life you have envisioned for your self. Don’t look to others for approval; look within, and you will find it all.
What practical tip will you put into action? Why not share some ways you found to accept your awesome self.