Emotional Healing begins with Gratitude and Thanksgiving.
I know when you hurt inside, it’s hard to feel grateful… but it’s even harder to maintain negative thoughts with genuine gratitude in your heart.
My closest and dearest friend shared some advice while our family seemed plunged into chaos a few years ago. One thing kept happening after another.
She said to give thanks not just when thing go great but to give thanks for the problems in your life too.
I thought she was nuts and said "Are you crazy? won’t that attract more problems?"
I took her advice with skepticism. Actually, the opposite happened. Instead of more problems, solutions for the current ones showed up.
Giving thanks not only produces new ideas and solutions and increased your personal power to solve problems, it also provides the means that personal desires and dream can be fulfilled.
Gratitude Attracts Good To You
The results got me hooked on the power of gratitude and thanks.
In Robert Russell’s book, God Works Through You*, he writes "Gratitude becomes a magnet for Good by establishing a positive state of mind within yourself, nothing can keep your Good from finding you. Help comes to you through your positive state of mind and through your attitude of praise and thanksgiving."
15 Things to Be Remembered About Gratitude
excerpt from God Works Through You*
1. The ultimate goal of all spiritual practice is to be so fully conscious of God’s Presence that you are unconscious of anything unlike God.
2. Since God is the Source of all supply and the giver of every good and perfect gift, the closer you live to God the more spiritual benefits you will share.
3. The best method living close to God is the practice of whole-soul gratitude. The mind that is always grateful never knows need.
4. If you are grateful for the good things you have now, you keep your mind open to receive Good. When you are truly grateful for everything, you constantly receive more of everything.
5. A consistent attitude of thanksgiving brings the mind of man and the Mind of God into perfect reciprocal action
6. The grateful mind is a powerful mind. It always accomplishes everything it sets out to do. It is tireless, buoyant, joyous, alive.
7. The thankful mind is always positive to the good. It looks for the best and so brings the best out of everything. Seeing only the good, it causes everything to produce good.
8. The grateful soul is cumulative. The practice of thanksgiving keeps the mind in the ascending tendency. The higher the mind goes, the greater is its possessions. The more grateful it is, the more power it has.
9. The thankful soul lives in the NOW and expects everything in the present. It doesn’t live in the future.
10. In love is love reflected. The grateful person sees the best in everything, expects the best of everyone, finds something good in every situation, and consequently draws friends, opportunities and supply toward him.
11. The grateful soul is always a satisfied soul. Drawing it Substance and Life from within, it is always complete.
12. The thankful soul is a productive soul. Living close the Source, it not only attracts more but produces more in every sphere of activity.
13. The grateful soul is a regenerative soul. In the consciousness of real gratitude, a healing force is always at work counteracting negative conditions.
14. The grateful soul is a balanced soul. In whole-soul gratitude, supply and demand are always equal.
15. The grateful soul is joyous.
The moment the emotion of gratitude touches you, your spirit lightens, your burden grows less and your smile comes more readily.
You too can realize your dreams. All you need to do is discover your true inner ME… Your Magical Essence that makes you unique. Your innerME is meant to shine, meant to sparkle and achieve great things. Begin your journey of discovering how to unlock your dreams with the book The Journey to ME: Empowering You to Live a Life of Unstoppable Success.