Your self-esteem is the way you view yourself. You might view yourself as a parent, construction worker, friend, blonde, sports fan, intelligent, impatient, and middle-aged. But you’re more than your career, gender, and age. You’re more than your parents’ opinion.You’re an exceptional person with nuances that are unique to you!
When who you are, aligns with what you do, you’re living authentically from your Magical Essences Zone or ME Zone. But most of us view ourselves as one way and live another. Authentic people act honestly and congruently.
The benefits of this congruency are enormous: success, high self-esteem, respect from others, and inner peace.
Those that live lives misaligned with their values, beliefs, and attitudes suffer from more anxiety, guilt, and shame. It might seem easier to live up to the expectations of others in the short-term, but the long-term costs are significant.
It takes boldness and courage to step into your true ME.
Follow these steps to determine your true self and live life on your terms:
- Identify your core values. Your authentic self-image automatically aligns with your values. By knowing your values, you gain an understanding of what is important to you. Once you’re aware of your values, you can build a self-image and life that are more meaningful and enjoyable.
- Make a list of your values. Create a long list and include everything that you think applies to you. Then, reduce your list to the ten values most important to you. You might struggle to narrow your list to just ten, but ten values are plenty.
- Determine if you have any conflicts. For example, you might say you value adventure and freedom, but what if you also strongly favor responsibility and security? Those values could be in conflict.
- When you’re faced with inner conflict, you’re likely to shut down and do nothing. You can experience paralysis of analysis while making a decision. This is a possible sign where your values were in conflict. Think back to when you’ve struggled to make a decision and see if it’s true.
- Do you have any values listed that aren’t really priorities for you? We often carry around perspectives instilled by our parents. Here’s a newsflash: they may have been wrong. Take the time to determine your values for yourself. Disregard what society says you should value. Listen to your inner guidance when determining your values
- Create an action plan for each value. Imagine one of your values is frugality. You could create a budget and savings plan that incorporates that value. You might plan to start clipping coupons, visit less expensive stores, and search for free entertainment options available on the weekends.
- Make a list of activities you enjoy that are in alignment with your values. For example, if generosity is a priority, you could find an enjoyable way to spend your time helping others. If health is a value you cherish, you could join a soccer team or a yoga class. Find your favorite sport and participate.
- Evaluate yourself at the end of each day. Think about the instances when you failed to live according to your values. Likewise, contemplate the times you were able to live according to your values and self-image, particularly when doing so was challenging.
Create a self-image aligned with your values. First, it is necessary to identify and choose your values. Next, construct a life that allows you to live those values consistently and to thrive. Authenticity eliminates many of the common emotional ailments in life, but it’s not always the easiest choice.
Be bold enough to choose the person you want to become and live accordingly. The benefits are enormous. What are your values? Comment Below?
Discover the 7 Steps to Unstoppable Success and gain the focus and confidence to break through the limiting belief holding you back from achieving your desired lifestyle and business goals.
Click to Download Your FREE The Journey to ME Book Chapter Today