Few topics elicit such a wide range of opinions as wealth. It seems we either pursue wealth with reckless abandon or downplay the importance of owning money altogether. While money isn’t the only thing that matters, there remain few substitutes for those areas of life where money excels. Wealth does come with its advantages.
What current beliefs do you hold regarding money and wealth? Do you believe money is the root of all evil? Do you desire to obtain great wealth? Do you respect those who accumulated wealth? How do your beliefs regarding wealth affect your finances?
Consider these Wealthy Advantages:
- Solve challenges. The fact these other qualities like love, family, friendships, and spirituality take high priority doesn’t minimize the importance of wealth. Consider the many challenges money solves quickly and easily.
- Cracked windshield
- Utility bills
- Career change
- Further education
- Ripped pants
- Your child wants to attend an Ivy League school
- A desire to own a new car
- Freedom. With a sufficient level of wealth, you can quit your job, start your business with less stress and spend your days doing what truly fulfills you. You can live anywhere you choose and do nearly anything you desire. Money and wealth increase the options available to you. How would you spend each day if you didn’t go to work?
- Security. Wealth provides security in different forms. It provides financial security against negative financial events, such as unexpected car repairs or medical bills, or economic downturns. You can also better secure your home and care for your health. Money provides a safeguard in multiple ways.
- Elimination of undesirable tasks. If you loathe cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, shopping, doing your taxes, or even driving, you can hire someone else to do these for you. When don’t do those annoying tasks yourself, you provide an income for those you hire.
- Help others. When you own more money than necessary to take care of your basic needs, many options open up for you like applying the excess to enhancing the lives of others. You can accomplish by giving money to charity or start a foundation. You could also provide funds more directly to those in need, including friends and family.
- Take a break. Wealth gives you the option of calling a timeout and realigning yourself. I was blessed with this option several years ago between businesses. I devoted much time to shifting my mindset around money for this timeout to happen. Life can become a series of projects or adventures with a healthy break in-between. The option to work when you want and play when you want can exist.
- Do you know the difference between the typical idea of playing hard and the "playing hard" options available to the wealthy? Imagine between partying on the weekends after a long week at the office or spending a month in Hawaii learning to surf.
- Status. This goes beyond impressing the neighbors. The wealthy possess advantages socially, politically, and when dealing with the legal system. So many advantages, considerations, and niceties extend to the wealthy yet average person commonly finds unavailable.
Its true money won’t solve all of life’s hardships, but it does solve many challenges and provide a myriad of opportunities. This freedom comes with wealth and the opportunity to help others are perhaps the most satisfying advantages.
If any of these advantages are included in your life goals, then aiming for wealth would make them possible. Seek further education in the mindset and skills that could bring you wealth and work on them each day. Consistent action toward your goals over time yields positive results!