Trying to squeeze too many activities into too few hours can leave you overwhelmed. Maybe you brag about how busy you are because it secretly makes you feel important and successful.
Excessive busyness can leave us feeling rushed, discontent, and short on time. Try these r solutions for maximizing your time and becoming more productive.
7 Major Antidotes to Excessive Busyness
- Turn off your phone. Being connected all day long obviously plays a big role in feeling overwhelmed. Switch off your devices at least two hours before you go to bed. Try spending a day away from social media.
- Live mindfully. Engage fully with whatever you’re doing. Focus on one task at a time. You’ll reduce stress and enhance the quality of your work.
- Choose your priorities. Think about your purpose and devote your time to the activities that matter to you. Using your time wisely makes your life more meaningful.
- Establish routines. Do you spend as much time coordinating your work as actually performing it? A systematic approach turns frequent chores into automatic habits. Do your grocery shopping on Tuesdays and Fridays. Check your email and return phone calls before lunch and dinner.
- Collaborate with others. We can accomplish more as a team. Focus on your strengths and try to outsource or eliminate the remaining tasks.
- Sleep more. Resist the temptation to sacrifice sleep in order to get more done. Adequate rest makes you more effective. If you’re having trouble keeping your eyes open, go to bed an hour earlier than usual.
- Stand still. Action bias is an innate force that makes us want to do something even if it’s counterproductive. Give yourself permission to stop and ponder your options
If you’re feeling swamped, it’s time to create more balance in your life. Along with challenges and adventure, make room for mundane tasks and quiet reflection. You’ll soon find that less activity can be more fulfilling.