Discovering what makes you tick is integral to identifying your own potential. Knowing what you’re good at and what you want to do in life will make living more satisfying and fulfilling.
If you’re struggling to figure out your strengths and ability to accomplish things, perhaps it would be helpful to take some time to get in touch with your own potential.
Consider these questions and suggestions to help you identify your potential:
- What do you love to do? Write it down. Include tasks such as “make my car shine” as well as activities like “attending networking events for my business.”
- Your passion in a specific area will enhance your abilities to achieve in related activities. If you love to listen to guitar music and you’re taking lessons, you’ll no doubt be motivated to try to play your best and produce lovely music.
- Listen to what others say about you. Although you’ll have your own concept of who you are and what you’re good at, paying attention to what others say to you about you will offer insight into some of your talents and skills you might not have considered.
- What other people see as your strengths will most likely be areas that you perform well in. You gain valuable information by listening to others’ comments about you and to you.
- What is your dream career or business? Throughout life, you’ve perhaps thought about more than one or two careers you’d enjoy. Maybe as a child, you wanted to be a doctor, start a business.
- If you’d rather be doing something else, what would it be? Let your mind go. You want to work on a cruise ship that travels from one Caribbean island to another. You dream about working in the fashion industry. Maybe you’ve always wanted to own a restaurant where you cooked for everyone.
- If a particular idea stuck with you over the years, you’ll no doubt be highly motivated to make it happen and fulfill your potential.
- Surround yourself with people you love. People whom you love and who love you inspire you to go for what you want in life. They nurture, support, and encourage you.
- Ensure you have plenty of loving, caring people around you to provide inspiration to fuel your potential.
- Can you find a mentor? A mentor is someone who’ll help you cultivate your greatest joy, interest or talent. They’re usually a person who excels in the area that you’re interested in pursuing. An effective mentor can help you identify and even fulfill your potential.
- When you have a role model who thoroughly knows about a subject that’s close to your heart, you’ll push yourself to learn more and excel in your chosen area.
Once you know what you love to do, you’ll be closer to identifying your potential in life. Also, being in touch with your own strengths and having supportive people, including a mentor, around you will help. Focus on discovering your own potential to create the life you desire.
If you want more free training, support to grow your business and mojo to attract more money, join me in our FREE Unstoppable Success Group for Women Entrepreneurs.