Chances are you believe in others more than you believe in yourself. You’re probably the first to encourage a friend to keep going because they have what it takes. But when it comes to encouraging yourself, it’s easy to shy away due to self-doubt.
It’s not fair to cheat yourself out of opportunities. Having low self-confidence can cause you to lose out on awesome experiences. And you certainly don’t want that, do you?
Now is a great time to start focusing on yourself and work on boosting your confidence. And it’s surprisingly easy to do.
Follow these steps to boost your confidence and start believing in yourself:
1. Avoid hesitation.
Self-doubt is often developed out of hesitation. Do you take a long time to act on an impulse? If you see an opportunity, does it take you a while to go after it? The longer you take to pursue something, the more reasons you’ll find for justifying your unsuitability for the opportunity.
- Women often pass up opportunities because they let perfectionism get in the way. Recently an opportunity showed up for me to participate in a business expo. I grabbed it with no idea what I was going to do. Ended up creating a table for my book, The Journey to ME. Everything I needed, ideas, materials all manifested with ease. The expo opened more future opportunities.
2. Challenge negative thinking.
It’s easy to diminish self-confidence by harboring negative thoughts. But before you accept negative thoughts about yourself as a reality, challenge the thinking.Before you accept negative thoughts about yourself as a reality, challenge the thinking.
- Don’t accept the thoughts you’re not good enough, take a moment to think about the facts. Embrace your true self and claim your worthiness just because you exist. Remind yourself of your many positive traits and experiences as well.
- Beware of thought patterns that can eat away at your self-esteem. Avoid looking at life as “black or white” and live in the grey area sometimes. You may not have one trait or another, but you could have the perfect combination of what you need for your life!
- Always be sure to differentiate between feelings and facts. Just because something makes you feel a particular way doesn’t mean there’s any fact in it.
3. Be kind to yourself.
As someone who rarely displays self-confidence, you probably give yourself a hard time and consider yourself inadequate or ill-equipped. But when was the last time you were actually kind to yourself?
- Spend some time each day highlighting your positive traits. Remind yourself what makes you beautiful inside and out.
- Celebrate the small successes to help remind yourself that you’re actually more amazing than you give yourself credit for.
- Spend some time with positive people. Their energy rubs off quite easily! The Unstoppable Success Group is the perfect place to start.
4. Learn to listen to and accept compliments.
Most of the time when people say nice things about you, they mean it! Take the time to really hear what positive things are being said about you. Absorb the thought and believe them!
- If someone says you’re beautiful, believe them!
- Spend some time listening to the kind things said by others. And remember to say thanks each time. It helps to cement the positive thoughts in your mind.
Consider each of these tips on a daily basis. Gradually, as with anything else, practicing self-confidence becomes second nature.
In no time, you’ll see the world is in the palm of your hand. And you’ll hear every opportunity calling your name. Aren’t you excited for that time? Start building your confidence now and soon it will be yours forever! Everything becomes easier when you’re brimming with self-confidence. If you’re feeling stuck, a little more self-confidence might be the cure. Get Your FREE Cheat Sheet “8 Ways to Immediately Renew Your Self-Confidence” by Clicking Here