Are you comfortable being yourself in all situations?
If you’re like most people, you’re 90% you when you’re with close friends, 50% yourself with casual acquaintances, and hide yourself from strangers. Being your true self, your true ME in all settings and situations is scary, but ultimately empowering and relaxing. Imagine the relief you’ll experience.
You no longer worry about what others think about you. You can relax and just be yourself and feel satisfied. You know you are good enough!
Be yourself and enjoy the life you’re meant to experience.
Follow These 9 Suggestions to Stay True to You
1. Meditate. Meditation quiets the part of you that judges and labels everything around you. Gain some insight into the real you by meditating regularly.
2. Tell the truth. When you’re truthful, you reveal yourself. Be honest about your mistakes and shortcomings.
3. Be unique. Your true ME is unlike everyone else. What music do you listen to when you’re alone? How do you dress? What are your talents? Do you keep the unique parts to yourself or are you willing to share them with the world?Being your true self, your true ME in all settings and situations is scary, but ultimately empowering and relaxing.
4. Examine the areas in your life that feel inauthentic. When and where do you feel like you’re lacking authenticity? Often it will be during interactions with strangers, first dates, new social experiences, and more formal occasions.
- A lack of authenticity can also occur when you spend time with your parents and siblings or any other person who doesn’t support you. They just need you to be someone you’re not for them to feel okay about themselves. So, it’s easy for you to fall back into your old roles.
- Think about the times you’re inauthentic and ask yourself why.
5. Spend your time on things you enjoy. What do you really enjoy? Do you play on the softball league so you’ll fit in? Would you rather be taking rumba lessons? Spend your free time on the things that you’re most passionate about.
6. Do one thing you want to do but are afraid to try. The people at the office might laugh if you take up the cello or take an acting class. However, secretly, they’ll be jealous that you have the nerve to do something unconventional. Everyone you know is stifled and bored. You can rise above all of that.
7. Express your opinion. Not necessarily all of the time, but give your opinion if it won’t hurt anyone. Going to see a movie with some friends? Tell them the movie you’d most like to see. The family wants to go to the public pool or the park? Let your opinion be known.
8. Go outside. An indoor environment is unnatural. The air is heated or cooled. The lighting is artificial. You can’t see the sun, hear the birds, or feel the grass beneath your feet. Get yourself into a more natural environment and you’ll find it easier to connect to the divine side of yourself.p
9. Strengthen your boundaries. Where your boundaries are weak, your true self is being smothered. These are the places we allow others to determine the rules and set the frame. You’ll know these places by the high amounts of energy they drain from you.
Overcome your need to fit in and impress others. No matter what you do, some people will be impressed and others won’t. Why worry about it? Let your Magical Essence shine. You’re an amazing person. Allow yourself to be that person every day.
Discover the 7 Steps to Unstoppable Success and gain the focus and confidence to break through the limiting belief holding you back from achieving your desired lifestyle and business goals. Receive your FREE Unstoppable Success Kit with your The Journey to ME book purchase today.