We all carry around numerous limiting beliefs. They profoundly affect your life in so many ways, and none of them are good and will keep you from reaching your full potential.
Your beliefs about yourself and your life have more power over your existence than you can imagine. Personal ideas and values you’ve held for a long time can block the way toward a life you desire.
You’re probably familiar with the idea of how limiting beliefs prevent the success you desire. But, were you aware of how they also create a negative impact in other areas in your life?
5 Ways Limiting Beliefs Affect the Quality of Your Life
- Limiting beliefs spoil your experience of living.
You will do fewer things over the course of your life when you’re constricted by your limiting beliefs.
- Close your eyes and imagine how much your life would be fuller, richer without them.
- What beliefs did you identify that kept you from the scenario you just imagined
- Rewrite those limiting beliefs as a empowering statements
- You unintentionally harm those around you.
They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. You affect others, including friends, with your limiting beliefs by sharing your misinformed advice. Even worse, you’ll likely teach your children false ideas that limit them. Limiting beliefs, the gift that keeps on giving, generation after generation. Is this the type of inheritance you want to pass down?
- What beliefs do find yourself repeating to your children that your parents told you?
- Examples: Money does not grow on trees. You got to work hard for success. No rest for the wicked. Money doesn’t buy happiness.
- Start paying attention to what family motto’s you’re repeating.
- You’ll be ineffective.
Limiting beliefs cause you to get off track and look for alternative path, if you look for one at all. Even though you may be on the best route to achieving what you want, your beliefs can convince you otherwise. You spend a lot of time, even years, following a less direct path in an effort to follow your false beliefs. You will save some time, grief and frustration by dealing with your limiting belief instead.
- Get very clear on what you want and focus on the outcome
- Trust your intuition, it knows the right actions to take and don’t give into the belief that want to override it.
- Take small steps in building the trust to follow your intuition
- You fail to grow fully as a human being.
View your life with the purpose of eliminating your limiting beliefs and experiencing everything in the world that appeals to you.
- If you only did those 2 actions, what kind of life would you have lived over the course of your lifetime?
- Write out a vision for your life with no limitations. Let your imagination go.
- Are you on that path right now?
- Sabotaging your business profits and marketing efforts
People often start a business in hopes of living the life of their dreams. You bring those same beliefs into your business and they will profoundly influence the results you achieve for your efforts.
- This is why working harder can leave you feeling stuck no matter what you do.
- Your beliefs have you working against yourself.
Good news! You can eliminate your limiting beliefs and replace them with beliefs that empower you.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: Want a step-by-step guide to removing limiting beliefs?
Download the “7 Steps to Banish Limiting Beliefs” Worksheet
Make replacing those beliefs fun by focusing on how your new empowering belief will make your life easier and enable you to enjoy the success you deserve and desire.